I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us. I find goal-setting to be extremely helpful to get more accomplished, and since I’m always trying to get one more project done, I’m all for a little extra push and/or encouragement.
To-Do for the week of October 29th-November 4th:
- Make at least one more Blue Onion block. – √ Done
- Make binding for Lumen Quilt. – √ Done
- Cut the squares and triangles for my Penguin Party 20” square pillow (Pattern by Elizabeth Hartman). – √ Done
I made two more Blue Onion blocks this past week (upper right and lower bottom in the pic below). I believe this color palette is starting to grow on me! But I have to put it aside for awhile as I have several other projects that need my focus and time.
I decided I needed a more interesting photo of my binding than on my cutting table. I placed my Lumen binding spiral in the smallest basket on my quilting tools pegboard (usually it is filled with a 3 1/2” ruler, a Clover White Chaco Liner, and a couple glue sticks).
As you can tell by the photo below, I got more done on my Penguin Party pillow than just getting the squares and rectangles cut. I have to admit that I can’t get enough of this adorable penguin!
To-Do for the week of November 5th through November 11th
- When I was visiting my niece, Mary Frances, in Michigan in September, we went through several bins of my mother’s fabric and works-in-progress that my sister had stored in the basement. We ran across a 25” square WIP with indigo HSTs. I don’t remembering ever seeing it before and have no idea what my mom was going to do with this piece. We decided it would make a wonderful large pillow for my niece. I removed the right-most column and the bottom row that was only partially sewn. I will use these HSTs on the envelope backing. I plan to get this quilted next weekend and made into a 20” square pillow cover.
- Quilt my Penguin Party pillow and make it into a 20” square pillow cover.
- Make Quatrefoil blocks for IG Honeybees swarm member, Rachel, in red, green, yellow, and white. See Roseanne’s post for a pic of Rachel’s example blocks (link at the end of this post). Below are my fabric pulls for two blocks.
- Pull fabrics for the Covered in Love November/December blocks and start making them if I have enough time this upcoming Veteran’s Day weekend.
- [Edited] I just received confirmation that my Dimension in Dusk quilt is on its way back to me from New York. I may start binding it this weekend.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Linky #13.