I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of April 7th-April 13th:
- Make another face mask with Sarah Maker’s tutorial. – √ Nope
- Sew some sawtooth star blocks for the Hummingbird quilt for Mary’s niece. Getting this quilt done is my April One Monthly Goal.. – √ Done
- Make some improv squares for a table runner that I hope to complete in time to link to Sarah Goer’s Show Me Something Improv Link-Up that will be open until April 30th. – √ Done
I just didn’t have it in me to figure out another mask tutorial. Somebody from the community donated a bunch of fabric masks to my community mental health agency, and I brought one home. It fits similarly to ones I’ve been making, so I decided that the ones I’ve been making are just fine. I did get a few more masks made (no photo).
I got all 12 Sawtooth Star blocks sewn. They are 18.5” square, and they sew up pretty quickly. Below is a pic of three of them:
I had fun making six different 4.5” improv squares using Alison Glass’ kaleidoscope fabrics. I did traditional improv for all the squares except for the middle square in teal/turquoise/green pic below. I made a simple paper pieced pattern for the square in the middle.
I love the bright colors in squares below. I plan to make a quilt this spring or summer with these bright happy colors. I’ll be making a two-sided table runner with these six improv squares, using the Kaleidoscope Raven fabric that is underneath the squares.
To-Do for the week of April 14th-April 20th
- Finish the Hummingbird quilt top.
- Make two blocks for the March-April Covered in Love block drive.
- Bind Mime’s quilt.