I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of April 14th-April 20th:
- Finish the Hummingbird Quilt Top. – √ Done
- Make two blocks for the March-April Covered in Love block drive. – √ Done
- Bind Mime’s quilt. Nope
With Mary’s help, we got the Hummingbirds quilt top done for her niece in short order and sent off to Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting. I’m pleased with how bright and cheery it looks. Finishing this quilt top is my April One Monthly Goal, so I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts: April 2020 OMG Finishes.
These March-April Covered in Love blocks were definitely quick and easy to make. There’s still time to whip a block or two up.
My Glimmers of Gold quilt arrived this past week from The Modern Quilting Company, but I won’t get Mime’s kitty quilt until later this week. So this change of plans gave me an opportunity to start another project (a Drop Everything and Make It moment!). See below.
To-Do for the week of April 21st-April 27th
- I’ve been wanting to make the simple yet striking Diamonds in the Rough quilt for awhile. Also for the past two or three years, I’ve been thinking about making a quilt for my friend, Jeanne, who is a neonatal nurse practitioner who now trains other neonatal nurses. During this recent COVID-19 pandemic, she has been a “one woman sweat shop” making fabric masks for friends and colleagues. Jeanne gives so much to others, and she deserves something special for being the wonderful woman/mother/wife/friend that she is. So I’m going to make a Diamonds in the Rough quilt for Jeanne using a favorite fabric collection, Alison Glass’ Handcrafted, that I’ve been saving for just the right project. The colors in this collection will go with the harvest colors in Jeanne’s home. I’m going to call this quilt, 50 Years of Friendship. I’ve gotten all the half-square triangles made, the units sewn into the first 10 rows, and I think I will be able to finish this quilt top this week.
- Finish my improv squares table runner.
- Depending on when Mime’s quilt arrives, and if I’ve gotten the first two items on my to-do list done, I hope to at least get the binding machine-stitched to the front of the quilt.