I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of April 28th-May 4th:
- Make a paper-pieced Birthday Cake fabric card for my Aunt Lois in Eugene, Oregon, who turns 90 on May 10th. – √ Done
- Bind Glimmers of Gold quilt. – √ Done
- Make some HSTs for a colorful upcoming project. √ Done
I’m overall happy with the Birthday Cake fabric card for my Aunt Lois, and I got it in the mail to her on Saturday, so she will get it by her 90th birthday on May 10th. I used a cheater binding where the backing fabric is brought over to the front, and a part of me wishes I’d gone to the trouble to actually bind this fabric card using the Binding Mini Mini Quilts Tutorial by Yvonne@Quilting Jetgirl. Oh well, maybe next time. And it’s helpful to remember the wise saying: Done is Better Than Perfect! And I think Aunt Lois will like it.
I finished binding Karla’s Glimmer of Gold quilt on Saturday. You may remember that the long title for this quilt is Shades of Grey with Patches of Black and Glimmers of Gold to describe Karla’s journey of achieving her long-time goal of getting her doctorate. This quilting was done by The Modern Quilting Company, and I think the name of the quilting motif is perfect—Parallel Journey. The photo below doesn’t include anything for perspective, so the quilt looks fairly large and larger at the top and bottom than the middle (which thankfully isn’t the case), but it is a small throw-size quilt at 42.5” x 49.5”.
So far I’ve made 40 out of the 112 HSTs needed for my version of the Blithe quilt, but I’m going to make you wait to see all the colors until next week’s post. My May 2020 OMG post gives some details about this project (and shows two of the colors), but I’ve already made some changes in the design since I wrote that post. I’m now anticipating that the finished quilt will be 72.5” X 84.5”.
To-Do for the week of May 5th-May 11th:
- If I get it back from Sew Shabby Quilting by Friday, I plan to bind my 50 Years of Friendship quilt. Otherwise I’ll get Hayden’s Graduation quilt bound. Both need to be finished this month, so it doesn’t matter a whole lot which one I work on this coming weekend. I’d like to get Jeanne’s to her by May 21st which is her birthday, but that will just be an extra bonus if that happens.
- Finish making the HSTs for my Blithe quilt top.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Linky #39.