To-Do for the week of March 8th-14th:
- Work on my Sushi quilt top. √Done
- Work on my Peloton project. √Done
- Post a couple more times on #IGQUILTFEST2022.√Done
I was able to get the last four borders done on my Sushi quilt this past week and on Monday I sent it off to Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting for edge-to-edge quilting. I had started the appliquéd paws a couple weeks ago. Please don’t anyone think that I am developing much appliqué proficiency because that is definitely NOT the case. I would rather paper piece any darn day!!! Finishing this quilt top is my March One Monthly Goal and I will be linking up with Elm Street Quilts later this month. I wasn’t very happy with the pic below, but I just wanted to get a quick photo before taking it in the house and getting it ready to send to Melissa.
I worked on my first Peloton inset circle using the tutorial by Susan at Quilt Fabrication. I used Applipops to create the small block circle in the middle. It is glued down but still needs to hand-stitched on (yes, appliqué again!). My seams all meet in the middle, and I honestly wasn’t sure what do with the bulky seam allowances, so I reached out to Rebecca at Rebecca Grace Quilting knowing that I want her to quilt this project for me when I finish it in early 2023. I have to say that Rebecca was so helpful and supportive. She suggested trimming the bulk with duck billed scissors which I did not have but yesterday ordered a Tula Pink pair. I absolutely recommend Rebecca for her exceptional longarm quilting. She’s highly skilled and knowledgeable and is a wonderful collaborator.
I posted four times this past week on the #IGQUILTFEST2022 as @MRINGER58. My favorite post was on Day 9 of the quilt fest when I shared about a coveted quilt that I absolutely love. This is what I wrote:
Today’s topic is Coveted Quilt. I recently saw a photo of Sarah Schreiner’s 2020 Temperature Quilt that was on display at QuiltCon 2022 in Phoenix. It is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Here is a pic of Sarah with her masterpiece!
To-Do for the week of March 15th-21st:
- Make two mini Pineapple coasters.
- Bind Lucy’s I Spy quilt.
- Work on my temperature quilts flying geese and/or Peloton project.
- I generally don’t put any non-quilting items on my weekly To Do List on my blog, but I’m going to make an exception this week as I need some accountability. My brother and sister-in-law recently sent me an Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer. I need to watch the How To Videos and try a recipe in the coming week. Feel free to share any favorite Air Fryer recipes with me!
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday and later this month I will be linking up to Elm Street Quilts: One Monthly Goal March 2022 Finish.