My friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us is now hosting the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party, and last week I decided to join in, and it was a lot of fun. So without further ado, here is my weekly update:
To-Do for the week of August 20th through 26th:
- Finish making the blocks for the Stargazer BOM Month 7 which included making eight reverse triangles in Purple and Caribbean solids, and then four triangles in each direction in Purple and Aqua solids. – √ Done
- Paper piece the letters for Mime’s Kitty Quilt – √ Done
- Choose the fabrics for the Lumen Quilt that I will be making for my step-daughter. I am using many of the gorgeous Alison Glass Kaleidoscope fabrics that I used in my niece Kim’s Feathers Quilt. – √ Done
I have been participating in Rebecca Bryan’s (of Bryan House Quilts) Stargazer Block of the Month this year and am now caught up with paper-piecing the blocks for this BOM. This past week I made 16 Stargazer Month 7 blocks. Below is a pic of all 40 of the blocks for Month 7 made with Kona Aqua, Purple, Caribbean, and Celestial solids.
For the kitty quilt for my best friend, Mary, I paper-pieced letters that spell the name of her cat, Mime, using Kona Amethyst and Purple solids.
I went through my Alison Glass Kaleidoscope fabric and figured out what colors I will be using for the Lumen Quilt that I will be making for my step-daughter. I will be using Kaleidoscope Charcoal for the background. Below are fabrics I pulled (not including the background fabric that I still have to order):
To-Do for the week of August 27th through September 2nd
- Sew Mime’s Kitty quilt top.
- Cut the colored strips that I will be using for the Lumen quilt.
- Make a quilt label for my Tranquility quilt. (See pic of quilt top below).
- I just got word today that Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting has finished quilting Tranquility. If I receive it back from her by Friday, I’d like to get it bound this weekend since it’s a three-day weekend.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Linky #3.
That Lumen Quilt is going to be a beauty! It will be fun to see it come together!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Mary! Ooh, those fabrics for Lumen are so pretty. What a cool pattern that is, and I think charcoal as the background fabric will just be perfect. All 40 blocks don’t look like so much just piled up like that, do they?! It doesn’t really reflect all the work you did. I think this list looks really doable for the week, especially with a long weekend in there. Thanks for linking up again! ~smile~ Roseanne
Love the fabrics you selected for the wonderful Lumen quilt pattern! It will be a stunner! You have been busy this week.