My friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us is now hosting the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party, and last week I decided to join in, and it was a lot of fun. So without further ado, here is my weekly update:
To-Do for the week of August 20th through 26th:
- Finish making the blocks for the Stargazer BOM Month 7 which included making eight reverse triangles in Purple and Caribbean solids, and then four triangles in each direction in Purple and Aqua solids. – √ Done
- Paper piece the letters for Mime’s Kitty Quilt – √ Done
- Choose the fabrics for the Lumen Quilt that I will be making for my step-daughter. I am using many of the gorgeous Alison Glass Kaleidoscope fabrics that I used in my niece Kim’s Feathers Quilt. – √ Done
I have been participating in Rebecca Bryan’s (of Bryan House Quilts) Stargazer Block of the Month this year and am now caught up with paper-piecing the blocks for this BOM. This past week I made 16 Stargazer Month 7 blocks. Below is a pic of all 40 of the blocks for Month 7 made with Kona Aqua, Purple, Caribbean, and Celestial solids.
For the kitty quilt for my best friend, Mary, I paper-pieced letters that spell the name of her cat, Mime, using Kona Amethyst and Purple solids.
I went through my Alison Glass Kaleidoscope fabric and figured out what colors I will be using for the Lumen Quilt that I will be making for my step-daughter. I will be using Kaleidoscope Charcoal for the background. Below are fabrics I pulled (not including the background fabric that I still have to order):
To-Do for the week of August 27th through September 2nd
- Sew Mime’s Kitty quilt top.
- Cut the colored strips that I will be using for the Lumen quilt.
- Make a quilt label for my Tranquility quilt. (See pic of quilt top below).
- I just got word today that Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting has finished quilting Tranquility. If I receive it back from her by Friday, I’d like to get it bound this weekend since it’s a three-day weekend.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Linky #3.