I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Oct 20th-Oct 26th:
- Make a Fiddlesticks block for the Kat & Cat Quilts Covered in Love Sept-Oct block drive. √ Done
- Finish stitching my Dahlia Sashiko project. √ Done
- Take Rebecca Bryan’s Wavelength mini-workshop on Oct 24th on Zoom. √ Done
I had so much fun making this Fiddlesticks block that I want to make a whole quilt of this block sometime. I’ve started a leader-ender project where I am sewing pairs together from batik scraps that I will eventually sew into strips. It’s not too late to make a block to donate to the current Covered in Love block drive (see link above).
I finished my Dahlia Sashiko project that I plan to make into a small pillow. It was fun to stitch, but I’m looking forward to making some quicker Sashiko coasters I may (or may not) give away for gifts 🙂
I really enjoyed Rebecca Bryan’s Wavelength mini-workshop this past Saturday and took a lot of notes, but I did not start my own version yet. I’m leaning toward making the throw-size rainbow version, and I just don’t have the time or the space to start a large improv project right now. For now it will go on my Quilty Bucket list.
To-Do for the week of Oct 27th-Nov 2nd:
- I’ve started another Sunflowers placemats/table runner project as a belated housewarming gift for my friend, Amanda. This time I’m using a tan grunge fabric for background. I hope to get all the blocks made this coming week and then I’ll share a pic.
- I’m working on some modern Sashiko coasters. I should have one finished in the next several days. It’s a great World Series-watching project!
- Decide on my November One Monthly Goal.