I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Dec 28th-Jan 4th:
- Make a 10th Rainbow Sashiko square. √ Done
- Write my Jan 2021 One Monthly Goal post. √ Done
- Finish binding the last Sunflower placemat for my friend, Amanda. √ Done
This pattern is called Begonia. I really like the look of Sashiko with threads woven through the stitches. This is on a 1/4” grid. With a smaller grid, the design looks even more intricate.
I got my Jan 2021 OMG post written and posted the first day of this brand new year. I’m really enjoying making this Ombré Star pattern. Sam describes it as another “so much easier than it looks” pattern, and so far I totally agree with that description. I’ve made all 64 HST blocks and have started sewing the blocks into rows. Below is a pic that shows some of the blocks on the right side of my design boards. The blocks that don’t have a piece of masking tape on them have more contrast and as such “more glow”.
I finished binding the last placemat for my friend Amanda’s housewarming gift and will be getting it in the mail to her soon. Here is a pic I snapped (literally—I had about two minutes to take the photo!) at my work’s conference room table with the six placemats and the table runner. These placemats and table runner have many of the same fabrics as the ones I made for my brother and sister-in-law for their 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift, but I really like how the tan grunge background fabric shows off the sunflower quilting in the photo below:
To-Do for the week of Jan 5th-Jan 11th:
- Make an 11th Rainbow Sashiko square.
- Make more progress on Ombré Star quilt.
- Make the 6-inch January purple block for 2021 Monthly Color Challenge by Patterns by Jen. I’ve decided to join in this year and plan to make the smaller size option in more muted colors rather than my typical go-to bright saturated color palette.
- I’ve also decided to participate in Nicholas Ball’s Shoal Sew Along that started yesterday. I have his Inspiring Improv book, and the Shoal Project is one of my favorites in the book. The goal for this week is to pull fabrics for the sew-along.
Linking up to .Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #74
Happy New Year Mary! The Ombre Star is beautiful! When you have time I’d love a set of those sunflower placemats ♥
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me, too! HAHAHAHAHA!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, that Ombre Star is gorgeous! Are you working from a book with your Sashiko (can’t recall, sorry)? The sunflowers are cheery and fun!
Hi Mary! Did the set of placemats for your brother and SIL have the same quilting design? Those look SO COOL with the sunflower quilting. I love it and I know your friend will as well. Gosh, the ombre project and fabric is just stunning. I have some ombre fabric in my stash that I picked up from Craftsy before they changed to whatever they were – in orange I think. Your project makes me want to do something in ombre, that’s for sure! Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne
I love the Sashiko weaving! I just finished my piece and now have to decide how I am finishing it. Pillow, canvas bars, quilted wall hanging? Decisions!!!
Your placemats are gorgeous! I’m sure they will be a big hit.