I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by Chris at ChrisKnits.
To-Do for the week of March 16th-22nd:
- Cut out some equilateral triangles from Fairy Dust Ombré and Boundless Ombré fat quarters. √ Done
- Continue spending at least 15 minutes a day playing with EQ8. √ Done
- Finish my Snowflake Embroidery Month 2 block. Nope
My planner at work has a wonderful color gradation equilateral triangle design on the cover (second pic below). I used this cover for inspiration to design and make a small ombré equilateral quilt top over the weekend that measures 33.5” X 36”.
I used the Fairy Dust Ombré Fat Quarter Bundle below that is so attractively stacked in a star shape for this bright ombré quilt that will go on the back of my love seat at work.
The take-home lesson this week for me with EQ8 is make sure that Snap to Nodes is off when drawing the main lines in my blocks. I had to start over with both the SPRING block and the Bees block. I am feeling much more comfortable with EQ8 and plan to continue spending time becoming more proficient with the program. I was reluctant to commit much time to learning this program because I already spend so much time on computers between work, blogging, and reading posts/social media, but it is starting to feel like a tool for creativity and is becoming more fun.
I had more stitching to do than I thought to finish my Snowflake Embroidery Month 2 block. I got a fair amount done, but still have at least a couple more hours of stitching to do.
To-Do for the week of March 23rd-30th:
- Work on a second equilateral triangle baby quilt top with the triangles I cut from the Boundless fat quarter bundle that is pictured above on the right.
- Continue spending at least 15 minutes a day playing with EQ8.
- Finish my Snowflake Embroidery BOM Month 2 block.
- Write my Dumbledore Finished post (March 2021 OMG Finish).
Linking up to Chris Knits: To-Do Tuesday.