I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by Chris at ChrisKnits.
To-Do for the week of March 23rd-29th:
- Work on an equilateral triangle baby quilt top with the triangles I cut from a lovely Boundless ombré fat quarter bundle. √ Done
- Continue spending at least 15 minutes a day playing with EQ8. √ Done
- Finish my Snowflake Embroidery BOM Month 2 block. √ Done
- Write my Dumbledore Finished post (March 2021 OMG Finish). √ Done
I found out recently that a friend who lives in Missouri is due to have a baby girl any time. This past week I designed and made a baby-size ombré equilateral quilt top that measures 36.75” wide by 32” long using the Boundless Fat Quarter Bundle on the right in the second photo below. To the left of the quilt top is a beautiful bookmark that a friend from Michigan sent me. And peaking out underneath is my pretty new cutting mat from my friend, Laura.
I just finished up five weeks of daily practice with EQ8, and the program makes so much more sense to me. I enrolled in an introductory class called Shoot for the Stars by Kari Schell of On Point Quilter that was really helpful. And I also participated in her Spring Fever Mystery Challenge as a VIP (which meant that I paid $14.99 to watch extra live video help sessions that were also recorded for later viewing, and Kari also provided the paper-pieced patterns for all the blocks). During the final video, Kari mentioned a previous mystery challenge called Foundation Friendly Christmas and offered the Spring Fever VIPs the opportunity to purchase the Christmas program with all the videos and patterns (again for 14.99). Being the Christmas freak that I am, I couldn’t resist. Below is a star that I drafted and then manipulated using Serendipity function. I also made a much bigger financial commitment and signed up for six months of Kari’s Tech Know Quilters (TKQ). I’m not going to commit any more to daily EQ8 practice, but I definitely plan to continue putting in consistent time learning and using the program. I’ll be sharing from time to time some of what I’ve been doing with TKQ.
Over the the weekend I finished my Snowflake Embroidery BOM Month 2 block. I’ve decided I’m going to make two Christmas wall hangings from the blocks of this Block of the Month, so I’m sticking with my favorite Christmas color combo of grey, white, red, turquoise, and teal.
I did get my Dumbledore Mini Quilt Finish post written (where I shared about my fabrics including my hand-dyed hair/mustache/beard fabric) and linked to Elm Street Quilts: March 2021 OMG Finish Link-Up. Below is one of the pics I included in my post.
To-Do for the week of March 30th-April 5th:
- Make progress on my Shoal fish project.
- Start yet another ombré project!
- Start stitching the Two Cranes Sashiko project for my brother’s 75th birthday in July. I’m leaning toward using the beautiful orange variegated DMC pearl floss pictured below. But I’ll have to see how it looks once I start stitching. I may opt for the plain white on indigo look which I also like very much.
Linking up to Chris Knits: To-Do Tuesday.