To-Do for the week of March 15th-21st:
- Make two mini Pineapple coasters. Nope
- Bind Lucy’s I Spy quilt. √Done
- Work on my temperature quilts flying geese and/or Peloton project. √Done
- Watch the How To Videos for my Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer and try a recipe in the coming week. √Done
I did start making a couple paper-pieced Pineapple coasters but ran into some difficulties sewing the different sections together, and honestly I just wasn’t having fun. I decided it’s time to take a break from fiddly paper-piecing. I absolutely love straight-forward paper piecing like my temperature flying geese and my Peloton units, so I haven’t lost my fondness for sewing on paper! And most likely I’ll do some more complicated paper-piecing down the road like this Colorburst Quilt Block from Sassafras Lane that I purchased yesterday.
I got Lucy’s I Spy quilt bound on Sunday, but it was too windy to take an outside photo. I decided to just take a pic of the quilt back which I just love. It features Sarah Watts’ Birthday Panel in Teal.
I continued to make daily flying geese for my temp quilts and also made some progress on my Peloton project. Here’s a photo of the units I paper-pieced for Weeks 5-8 of 2022 (Jan 29th-Feb 25th). What looks like burgundy is actually Alison Glass Pomegranate, and those strips signify 10 minutes on the bike. The Citrus yellow is 15 minutes, Poppy is 20 minutes and the Dragonfly (turquoise) is 25 minutes on the Peloton bike.
I watched the Air Fryer videos and made pork chops on Sunday in my new air fryer. Unfortunately they were a little overdone. I think my next recipe is going to be green beans. My hair stylist raved about how good green beans tossed with some grated parmesan cheese are made in the air fryer.
To-Do for the week of March 22nd-28th:
- Get some pics of the front of Lucy’s I Spy quilt and write a post about this finish.
- Work on a set of placemats.
- Bind a short runner for my sewing machine using Kantha cloth by Valori Wells in Pomegranate.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.