To-Do for the week of March 22nd-28th:
- Get some pics of the front of Lucy’s I Spy quilt and write a post about this finish. √Done
- Work on a set of placemats.√Done
- Bind a short runner for my sewing machine. √Done
I wrote a post about finishing Lucy’s I Spy quilt (read it here) and got a decent shot of the front in between some wind gusts. I’m definitely putting the curtain rod on my shed to good use!
I decided that since I am such a fan of sunflowers that I need a set of four sunflower placemats and have chosen the use the Sunflower for Ukraine block for the center of the placemat, and I will sew 4″ x 12.5″ rectangles to either side to make the placemat the right size. I’ve gotten two blocks done so far. Here is the first one I made on Saturday.
I am delighted with how nice the Kantha Cloth by Valori Wells in Pomegranate purchased from Etsy shop Modern Quilter looks with some Alison Glass Kaleidoscope Pomegranate binding in the photo below. I love the Kantha running stitch so much (similar to Sashiko but there is not so much emphasis on uniformity of stitches) that I have decided to participate in Alison Glass’ Stitch Club 2022 Kantha Sew-Along that starts April 19th. I have plenty of gorgeous Alison Glass fabric, and I think 2022 is the year to start putting it to good use!
To-Do for the week of March 29th-April 4th:
- Make two more Sunflower for Ukraine blocks.
- Work on some flying geese for my three temperature quilts.
- Write my April 2022 OMG post.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.