To-Do for the week of Nov 15th-21st:
- Work on more paper-pieced trees to make into coasters. √Done
- Work on embellishing the simple pine trees I shared in last week’s post to be made in Sew Tiny Ornaments. √Done
- Work on a small Sashiko project. √Done
I made more progress paper-piecing trees to go with Christmas quilts I’ve gifted in the last couple years. I ended up increasing the borders on the trees in the first row after I took the photo, so they could be comparable in size with the animal “backs” in the second row. Row 3 and 4 are for my brother and sister-in-law with the fourth row the designated backs of the coasters that will hold up fairly well to my brother’s coffee spills! I also used a splotchier snow fabric for the trees that will also (hopefully) be more stain-forgiving than the pristine snow fabric in the first row for coasters for my friend Mary’s sister, Kathy, whose OCD-tendencies will most likely prevent major spillage! I have actually quilted all the coasters (minimal quilting per usual!), and I plan to bind the coasters this coming week.
Here are two of the Sew Tiny simple pine trees that I have embellished that are ready to be sewn into ornaments.
And here is a Sashiko cats square that I’m thinking I will make the center of a small pillow for a gift for a friend who was born on Christmas Day.
To-Do for the week of Nov 22nd-28th:
- Finish the three sets of coasters.
- Finish my wonky star pillow cover.
- Finish five Sew Tiny ornaments to send off the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.