My main Oct ’16 OMG Goal was finishing my Diamond Stars Quilt, but it was dependent upon me getting my quilt back from ThreadBear where it was being long-armed quilted. They were having a lot of problems with the machine, but Michael somehow coaxed it into cooperation. I picked it up last weekend and was absolutely thrilled with how the quilting added to the overall design. I was too busy last weekend to get the quilt trimmed up and the binding sewn on (sometimes life gets in the way of my quilting!). Even when I am sewing the binding on with my sewing machine on both sides of the quilt (instead of hand-sewing the binding to the front side), it takes me at least 2-3 hours from start to finish, and I like to start early in the day when I have my most energy and best focus. I did do one thing differently this time, and it worked really well. I used glue to secure my mitered corners before I sewed them down, and they are my best corners ever.
My friend was able to choose the quilting motif, and she chose one with hummingbirds and flowers that complements the fabric I used in the stars.
I had a back-up goal of finishing my Birthday Gifts Wall Hanging Quilt which I am happy to report that I was also able to finish. And I was really happy with the photo of this finish because quilt photography is definitely not my forte.