I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us. I find goal-setting to be extremely helpful to get more accomplished, and since I’m always trying to get one more project done, I’m all for a little extra push and/or encouragement.
To-Do for the week of October 22nd-October 28th:
- Make binding for Dimension in Dusk. – √ Done
- Make at least one more Blue Onion block. – √ Done
- Complete a Team Rainbow fabric swatch color wheel. – √ Done
I chose Zen Chic’s Spotted in Graphite for the binding for Dimension in Dusk. It feels like a mini accomplishment to get the binding strips cut, sewn together, pressed, and wound into a spiral ready to go. I’ve thought about getting one of those cute Binding Babies. Do you any of you use one to wind your binding?
With the Blue Onion blocks, I am actually using Roseanne’s three-pin method of sewing curves. When I took the class, I tried briefly to glue baste one of the curves, and it didn’t work for me at all. These curves are different than the Fizzy block where the glue basting works really well. Below is my second Blue Onion block:
I really had fun with the Playful Color Quilt Guild Team Rainbow activity developed by Rebecca at Bryan House Quilts. I chose to create my fabric color wheel using bright, saturated Kona solids. I have a good assortment of Kona solids in my fabric stash, but when I was doing this activity I realized I was lacking basic Kona Orange, so I substituted Alison Glass Kaleidoscope Carrot which is at the top of the color wheel below. Going clockwise, the rest of the colors are Coral, Cardinal, Berry, Purple, Noble Purple, Ocean, Cyan, Clover, Kiwi, Citrus, and Papaya.
While browsing the internet the other day, I came across a super cool post by Rebecca called Playful Color Theory: Your Personal Color Wheel. She’s included a free PDF worksheet that also incorporates shades and tints. I may make another fabric swatch color wheel using this worksheet. And I love the rainbow quilt Rebecca showcases in this post, Ancient Radiation. Yep, I had to buy the pattern! It’s in Missouri Quilt’s Mod Block 2017 Volume 3. Now when I’m going to make this quilt, I have no idea! But making an on-point quilt has been on my quilty bucket list for awhile, so maybe sooner rather than later???
To-Do for the week of October 29th through November 4th
- Make the binding for my Lumen Quilt. I’ll be using the Kaleidoscope Charcoal background fabric for the binding.
- Make another Blue Onion block. I want to keep practicing sewing curves as I have several curved sewing projects that I want to do including one that I hope to start posting about in a couple weeks. Hint: It’s going to be huge!
- Cut the squares and triangles for my Penguin Party 20” square pillow (Pattern by Elizabeth Hartman).
Linking up to Home Sewn by Us: To-Do Tuesday Linky #12.