I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us. I find goal-setting to be extremely helpful to get more accomplished, and since I’m always trying to get one more project done, I’m all for a little extra push and/or encouragement.
To-Do for the week of January 7th-January 13th:
- Sew the other 3 arms (left, top, & bottom) for my modified Stargazer quilt. – √ Done
- Sew the base triangles to paper-pieced triangle units to form 6.5” square blocks for the Stargazer quilt top. – √ Done
- Cut some 1.5” red squares for the red postage stamp quilt being made by Sandy of Gray Barn Designs.– √ Done
My modified Stargazer quilt is coming along (See Rebecca Bryan’s awesome original design Here). The four arms are made, and all the triangle units are now sewn into 6.5” blocks. My purple-loving best friend, Mary, (who will be the recipient of this finished quilt) is thrilled with the changes I’ve made. Thank goodness!
I had a fair amount of red scraps on hand to cut some 1.5” squares for Sandy to use in her queen-size red postage stamp quilt. There will be so many squares in this quilt!!! I only had a small scrap of the fabric in the middle in the pic below but had to include a few squares since it is so adorable.
To-Do for the week of January 14th-January 20th
- Finish my modified Stargazer quilt top.
- Make the binding for my Medallion Lanterns quilt (See this Post and this Post for way too many details about this project!).
- In the interest of being more organized and intentional with my quilting (a la Marie Kondo!), I have decided to start de-stashing my fabric stash. I’ve set up a separate Instagram account and have made an arrangement with my friend, Kristen, to do the actual posting, handle the direct messages with buyers, and mail out the packages. I’ve started to collect items that will be posted for sale. My goal for this week is to get the items priced and a description written for each item.
- Post my #2020FALQ1List on Instagram. This has to be done by January 19th. I’m using the FAL Planner by Sandra at SewofCourse. This is a scaled-down version of the Finish-A-Long that I have participated in for the last several years.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #23.
Good luck on your goals.
Your Stargazer top is wonderful! I really like the combination of blue, purple, and turquoise. There are definitely pieces of fabric in my stash that don’t give me any joy – I see them over and over when I’m looking for just the right piece for something, but they never get picked! Your idea to have a destash page on Instagram is a great one!
Hi Mary! You had a great week, getting all of those items on the list marked with a big ‘ole Done. Ooh-la-la, I love seeing all of those cute red squares. Not enough to want to make one of my own, mind you . . . I can’t even imagine tackling that project. WOW – destashing. I am proud of you. Once you get it rolling, I hope you share the IG address with us. And thanks so much for the reminder about the Finish-A-Long. I missed the announcement that the deadline is the 19th. I have a post started . . . EEK, that’s Sunday. I’d better get on it. Thank you for linking up, and good luck with your list. I’m with Mary – I cannot wait to see that purple beauty all finished. ~smile~ Roseanne
There’s just something about a purple quilt, and yours is so pretty! Love the pattern! Smart move having a friend help with the IG Destash. I always think that looks like so much work; I hadn’t thought about the descriptions too – I hope you have great success with it. I’m sure I’ll see it in my feed 🙂
That Stargazer quilt is going to be amazing and what a lot of work. Ouch to cutting 1 1/2″ squares. I recognise the red in the middle as a Lori Holt fabric, I am on a binge with her fabric at the moment. All the best for this weeks plans. Kathryn Quilts