I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of April 21st-April 27th:
- Finish 50 Years of Friendship Quilt Top. – √ Done
- Finish my improv squares table runner. – √ Done
- Bind Mime’s quilt. √ Done
This quilt top went together fast in one week’s time. Of course it helped that I had a three-day weekend to get a good start on it. It truly was a Drop Everything and Make It project! The background fabric is Pepper Cory Studio E Charcoal Peppered Cotton that I purchased from Backside Fabrics. I really like the texture it provides, but it sure looks different depending on the placement of the grain of the fabric. You’ll notice that some of the background looks like it is cut from a darker grey fabric. I’ve decided to not obsess too much about this and am telling myself that it adds interest! Another drawback to this fabric is how much it frays. I had to use Fray Check on a couple seams, and I’m crossing my fingers about some other seams that have frayed more than I would like (actually I would like NO fraying whatsoever, LOL).
I finished my turquoise/blue/lime table runner on Sunday. See my Improv Table Runner post for details.
The kitty quilt for Mime arrived on Friday from The Modern Quilting Company, so I decided to make getting it finished the first task of my weekend. Of course she wanted nothing to do with it when we put it on the bed to take a couple of photos. The second pic is the adorable back of the quilt.
To-Do for the week of April 28th-May4th
- Make a paper-pieced Birthday Cake fabric card for my Aunt Lois in Eugene, Oregon, who turns 90 on May 10th. I’ve made a couple of these before including this one for Roseanne.
- Bind Glimmers of Gold quilt.
- Make some HSTs for a colorful upcoming project.