I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of June 9th-15th:
- Work on Month 3 of the Solstice BOM. √ Done
- Do the stitching on another Sashiko coaster. √ Done
- Work some more on the mostly secret Christmas Tree quilting project. √ Done
This past week I finished the six Solstice Month 3 units as well as the twelve Month 4 units. This is the first time I’ve used the Cloud 9 Glimmer fabric in silver that I got at Fancy Tiger Crafts in Denver in January (back when I could travel out of state without having to self-quarantine for 14 days upon my return according to my current work policy!). This fabric is so pretty, but the metallic threads in it make it more challenging to press. Here are pics of a Month 3 Unit and a Month 4 unit.
I’m starting to feel more comfortable with Sashiko stitching, but I’m realizing that I need to leave more loops in the back of my work when I am changing direction to prevent puckering. I found a great tutorial by Design by Aida with some helpful photos of Sashiko Stitching—Right and Wrong, and here is a Purl Soho Sashiko tutorial with another photo example.
I did get the Christmas Tree quilt top finished and sent off to Sew Shabby Quilting. I’ll have to wait to show a finished pic of this project until it has been delivered to Mary’s sister, Debra, some time in November. But I’ll have another secret Christmas project to tease you with next month for Mary’s sister, Kathy. We want to get these projects completed early in the year, especially as long-arm quilters need to take extra precautions during the pandemic and are taking longer to return quilts.
To-Do for the week of June 16th-June 22nd:
- Work on Months 5 & 6 of the Solstice BOM. These are fairly easy units to make, so I may be able to get both months done and get caught up with this Block of the Month project.
- I want to do the stitching on a third Sashiko coaster.
- Make a black and white block for a project that I hope to share about soon.