I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of June 30th-July 6th:
- Finish Solstice BOM Month 6. √ Done
- Work on 5th Sashiko coaster. √ Done
- Write July 2020 OMG post. √ Done
I’m caught up this Block of the Month project! Woo hoo!
Below is the fifth (and last for now) Sashiko coaster I’ve stitched. I’ve decided that I’m keeping this one for me, and I decided not to stitch the outline around the block. I still need to wet the fabric to remove the printed stitching lines.
Here is the link to my July 2020 OMG post.
Update on Summer Sampler Alumni Quilt
Sarah Harris @acorncornerquilts and I are continuing to have a wonderful response to our request for black and white blocks made from the current or past Summer Samplers to honor the Black Lives Matter movement and to directly benefit the Social Justice Sewing Academy. Below is another block that was made for this project. It was made by Constanze @tree.textiles on Instagram. It is called Oasis, and it was designed by Stephanie Zacharer Ruyle for the 2019 Summer Sampler. Please check out the Instagram hashtag #summersampleralumniquilt to see some of the other awesome blocks that are being made for this donation quilt.
To-Do for the week of July 7th-July 13th:
- Work on another secret Christmas quilt. I think I’ll be able to share a sneak peek next week.
- Decide which workshops and lectures I am signing up for for The Modern Quilt Guild’s QuiltCon Together online conference 2/18/21-2/22/21. Registration opens on July 15th, and many of the workshops will likely fill up fast. I’m probably going to sign up for a few of the pre-recorded on-demand mini workshops along with the enhanced option to participate in a live 45 minute small group session with the instructor to get some extra help or feedback. It’s definitely worth the yearly individual membership fee (around $25 or 30) to get the membership rates for the workshops/lectures along with free patterns and webinars that are available year-round to members. Here’s the catalog/schedule to tempt you: QuiltCon Together 2021 Catalog Schedule
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #48.
Yay for getting caught up on Solstice, and I love your little Sashiko pieces. I’m curious what you are signing up for at QuiltCon.
Hi Mary! Yippee for the final coaster, and I think it’s your best one of the bunch. I’m glad you are keeping one for yourself. Of course, the Solstice block looks fabulous – can’t wait to see all these blocks together. I checked out some of the programs being offered at QuiltCon. There are some nice ones to choose from. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne
Sounds like your week went well. Love the Sashiko piece…so pretty.
Have a great day!