I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of July 6th-13th:
- Work on another secret Christmas quilt. √ Done
- Decide which workshops/lectures I’m going to sign up for for QuiltCon Together in February 2021. √ Done
Below are a couple of in-progress photos I took of quilt blocks that are part of the quilt that Mary and I are making for her sister, Kathy, for Christmas this year. I’ll be able to show you the finished quilt in November. I bet many of you recognize the pattern. I apologize for the extra white space in my Pic Collage. It looks like I have a lot of extra returns, and I don’t! But aren’t the deer and the penguin in their little houses adorable!?!
Here’s what I believe I will sign up for tomorrow for QuiltCon Together in February 2021, but I reserve the right to change my mind up until I actually register!
- Quilt Design with Yvonne Fuchs
- Serendipity Blocks in EQ8 with Cheryl Brickey
- Y-Seams Not Cry-Seams with Libs Elliott
- Rainbow Sun with Sylvia Schaefer
- Secondary Designs and Beyond with Jen Carlton Bailly
- Improv Through Many Eyes with Yvonne Fuchs, Chawne Kimber, Anne Sullivan, and Melanie Tuazon
- Quilt Photography Overview with Julie Schoening
To-Do for the week of July 14th-July 20th:
- Work on a Drunkard’s Path quilt. This is a new project that I just started this past weekend, and I’ll share more about it next week.
- Decide how I’m going to finish my four Sashiko coasters. I may finish them very simply (sew the backing to the coaster right sides together, turn right side out, and slip stitch the opening), or I may opt to add a binding to them using Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl’s Binding Mini Mini Quilts Tutorial. I have to be honest, binding a four-inch coaster (four of them!) doesn’t sound appealing at all, but binding would give them a more finished look.
- In this age of online learning, I have signed up for Amy of During Quiet Time’s Improv Paper Piecing Class. It is a self-paced class, and this week I plan to review Lesson 2: How to Section and Number Your Paper Pieced Block.
Linking up with Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #49.