I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Aug 18th-25th:
- Make the borders for my Doxies baby quilt using Geta Quilting Studio’s Seminole Borders tutorial. √ Done
- Cut some 8.5” squares for quilts for Lutheran World Relief. √ Done
- Continue to work on my Dahlia Sashiko project. √ Done
I’m really happy with how these diamond borders turned out. I did have to do some improvising. In the tutorial linked above there were no instructions on making corner units to join the top borders to the side borders. I ended up drawing simple diamond-in-square paper-pieced templates on graph paper which worked nicely. The two longer borders are the top and bottom borders. All four borders will have strips of the grey fabric sewn on both long sides to stabilize them as they are quite stretchy.
I found a partially used Bali Crackers Batik 10” Squares package and cut five 8.5” squares from it so far. I touched based with Jen@Healthyhappyhygge regarding if there is a deadline for these squares, and she said she will take them for as long as people send them to her. Feel free to direct message her on Instagram for her address if you’d like to contribute some 8.5” squares for quilts for the people in Beirut whose lives were forever affected by the recent explosion.
I have made some progress with my Dahlia Sashiko project. Here’s the link to the Etsy shop where I bought my “dishcloth” kit. Mine will definitely not be made into a dishcloth—maybe a pillow? I plan to show another photo when I get the second flower stitched.
To-Do for the week of August 25th-September 1st:
- Finish my Doxies baby quilt top.
- Cut more 8.5” squares for quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
- Make binding for my Aviary quilt and start binding it if it arrives back from Sew Shabby Quilting by Saturday.
Linking up with Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #55.