I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Sept 8-Sept 14th:
- Make the Otters block for my North Stars quilt top. √ Done
- Work on my Dahlia Sashiko project. √ Done
I’m having so much fun making the blocks for my North Stars quilt. Unfortunately in my photo below, the otters’ bodies look really brown where in reality they are grey with some brownish overtones (I can’t even say what color grey it is as I looked at both my Kona and Bella color cards and couldn’t find an exact match—the closest is Kona Coal). I hope to get an outside shot of the quilt top when it is finished.
I’ve continued to make progress with my Dahlia Sashiko project. I’m really enjoying practicing this ancient Japanese embroidery skill, and I will get a chance to learn more about it when I take Ebony Love’s Sashiko class this weekend through the online Fall into Sewing 2020 through Retreatfromhome.com. What enticed me to sign up for Ebony’s class are these wonderful Modern Sashiko Coasters on her Instagram page.
To-Do for the week of Sept 15th-Sept 21st:
- I’ve already started sewing the Walrus block for my North Stars quilt top. I’m using green fabrics for this block. If I finish this block this week, I may start on the last block which is a polar bear block in red and white fabrics.
- Finish the big flower on my Dahlia Sashiko project and take a photo of the progress thus far.
- Take Ebony’s Sashiko class this weekend and maybe stop by another class or two in the Fall into Sewing 2020 Retreat.
Linking up with Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #58.