I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Oct 26th-Nov 2nd:
- Make some sunflower blocks for placemats and table runner for a belated house-warming gift for my friend, Amanda. √ Done
- Stitch one modern Sashiko coaster square. √ Done
- Decide on my November OMG. √ Done
I decided to make some sunflower placemats and table runner for my friend, Amanda, as a belated housewarming gift. The blocks on the main design board in front are all for Amanda with the top two rows being made into placemats and the bottom row into a table runner. On the right (the 4th column) are blocks that will be made into placemats that I will be keeping. Notice how the color placement looks on the block in the lower right corner. The dark fabric placement looks so different when it isn’t centered. I think I’m done making sunflower blocks for now!!!
I really love how the rainbow Sashiko thread looks on this navy blue square. It’s a little wonky to be made into a coaster. I’m thinking now that I might sew this square (and others you will see in coming weeks) into a table runner.
I did decide on my November One Monthly Goal and wrote about it in this Post.
To-Do for the week of Nov 3rd-Nov 9th:
- Stitch another modern Sashiko coaster.
- Start sewing the triangles together for my Solstice table topper.
- Start binding my Turquoise Christmas Tree Panel quilt.