I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Nov 3rd-Nov 9th:
- Stitch another modern Sashiko coaster. √ Done
- Start sewing the triangles together for my Solstice table topper. √ Done
- Start binding my Turquoise Christmas Tree Panel quilt. √ Done
I got my second modern Sashiko coaster stitched this past week. I’m going to call them Sashiko squares as I plan to sew them into a table runner rather than make them into coasters. This rainbow thread sure is fun to stitch with.
I did get my Solstice table topper sewn together. I’m not totally happy with some of the points, but it’s good enough, and believe it or not, I’m planning to quilt it myself with minimal strategically placed straight lines :). I’ll share a pic after I’ve finished it.
I also finished binding the Turquoise Christmas Tree Panel quilt. You may remember that this is the same panel whose dye bled on the Snowy Forest quilt I finished a couple months ago. I made sure to choose a dark fabric to bind it (Kona Celestial), and I definitely won’t wash this quilt with anything else. It’s such a beautiful panel, and I’m glad to have it as part of our Christmas decor. Below are two pics with the second one showing a close up of the wonderful snowflake quilting pattern used by Sew Shabby Quilting.
- Work on binding the placemats that I will be sending to my brother and SIL as a 50th wedding anniversary gift.
- Make a few Color Jolt blocks.
- Stitch another modern Sashiko square.