I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Dec 8th-Dec 14th:
- Make progress on my Cat and Birds quilt top. √ Done
- Make the binding for my friend, Amanda’s sunflower placemats and table runner. √ Done
- Make a lined drawstring bag using the pattern by Jeni@In Color Order. Nope
This week I have focused on sewing borders around the eight hummingbird small panels that I’m using in the quilt top for Kristen’s baby. I haven’t gotten them all finished because I had to order some more Kona Dark Violet for the inner borders and Kona Regal for the outer borders. Below is one of the finished Hummingbird blocks:
About a week ago I received the Sunflowers Placemats/Table Runner “Quilt” back from Sew Shabby Quilting for my friend, Amanda, and I started binding the placemats over the weekend. Below is one finished placemat:
When Jeni Baker at In Color Order announced that she was going to host a Lined Drawstring Bag Sew-Along, I really wanted to join in especially since I have had the pattern for a few years. But I really have too much going on right now, and the paper gift bags I have on hand are fine for gift-giving this year, but hopefully I will make some next year. I even purchased her Lined Drawstring Expansion pattern that has some cool options like a drawstring backpack and adding a paper-pieced component. If you are interested in making one of Jeni’s lined drawstring bags, the original pattern and the expansion pattern are both reasonably priced in her shop, and she has generously made a Video Tutorial to accompany the pattern.
I finished my seventh rainbow Sashiko square this past week. The pattern is called Asagao which I first saw in the Alison Glass July 2020 Stitch Club Journal. Because this pattern was initially really confusing to me (it’d definitely be easier with three distinct thread colors), I wanted some more detailed instructions and found this Tutorial by A Threaded Needle. This square is fraying terribly. I’ll put some Fray Check on it and sew close to the line around the block which is supposed to wash out.
To-Do for the week of Dec 15th-Dec 21st
- Make more progress on the Cat and Birds quilt top.
- Finish binding another sunflower placemat or two.
- Stitch my last (for now) Rainbow Sashiko square that I will be sewing into a small table topper after the first of the year.
- Write my 2021 Planning Party post for the linky party hosted by Yvonne@ Quilting Jetgirl.