To-Do for the week of Aug 31-Sept 6:
- Quilt and bind my Modified Fancy Forest Quilt. √Done
- Make the first block for the North Stars quilt for my sister-in-law, Sharon. √Done
- Start cutting fabric for the second North Stars block. √Done
Over the holiday weekend, I quilted and bound my Modified Fancy Forest Quilt (original pattern by Elizabeth Hartman). I quilted simple wavy lines and was able to avoid quilting over the black eyes and noses. I’m so glad to have finished this 27″ x 39.5″ wall hanging. These foxes and hedgehogs just make me smile.
For Sharon’s North Star quilt, I chose to make the bear block using brown grunge fabric for the bear. I had fun fussy cutting squares and rectangles out of Tim Holtz’ Christmas Carol fabric. And I raided my Christmas fabric bins and found the cardinal fabric with a light brown background and some olive green snowflake fabric. The bear looks darker in the photo below than it actually is.
I have all the pieces cut for the next North Stars block. I’ll keep you all in suspense until next week regarding which block I decided to make next 🙂
To-Do for the week of Sept 7th- 13th:
- Make the second block for the North Stars quilt for my sister-in-law, Sharon.
- Start cutting fabric for the third North Stars block.
- Write a post about my finished Ombré Lotus quilt (Woo Hoo!).