To-Do for the week of Sept 7th-13th:
- Make the second block for the North Stars quilt for my sister-in-law, Sharon. √Done
- Start cutting fabric for the third North Stars block. √Done
- Write a post about my finished Ombré Lotus quilt. √Done
For the second 24″ square block for Sharon’s North Star quilt, I made the Meredith Muskox block. I used three different Essex linen fabrics for the ox, more fussy cut squares and rectangles out of Tim Holtz’ Christmas Carol fabric, and some taupe, gold, and red fabric from my stash.
I had an unexpected time windfall Friday afternoon when our governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham, gave state workers four hours of seasonal leave for all our hard work during the pandemic, so I not only got the pieces cut for the Reggie Reindeer block but was able to get it done on Sunday. It went together fairly quickly since it is the same color scheme as the muskox block, and I had already had some fussy cut Christmas Carol fabric plus some HSTs previously done.
Here’s the link to my Ombré Lotus Quilt Finished post.
To-Do for the week of Sept 14th- 20th:
- Finish pulling fabric for our family Blakely Sew-Along.
- Work on the Fritz & Fred Foxes block for the North Stars quilt for my sister-in-law, Sharon.
- Stitch a grey Sashiko square with variegated turquoise floss.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.