To-Do for the week of Sept 14th-20th:
- Work on the Fritz & Fred Foxes block for the North Stars quilt for my SIL Sharon. √Done
- Stitch a grey Sashiko square with variegated turquoise floss. √Done
- Finish pulling fabric for our family Blakely Sew-Along. √Done
For the last 24″ square block for Sharon’s North Star quilt, I made the Fritz & Fred Foxes block. I used the a red grunge fabric for the foxes and the same coordinating fabrics as I used for the Brown Bear block. I was able to get the quilt top finished on Sunday and will share about it in the OMG post I’ll write in the coming week.
I used a plastic Sashiko stencil to trace the image of a Cherry Blossom (Sakura) and used my pretty variegated Caribbean perle floss to stitch the flower. I’m planning to make a set Sashiko coasters using this floss on grey cloth as a Christmas gift.
Here is my fabric pull for our Blakely family Sew-Along:
To-Do for the week of Sept 21st- 27th:
- Take a Quilt Edge Finishings online workshop with Nicholas Ball through CraftyMonkies.
- Write my 2021 September OMG Finish post.
- Cut fabric for our family Blakely Sew-Along.
- Work on a simple I Spy quilt top.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal.