To-Do for the week of Oct 5th-11th:
- Make some blocks for my Blakely SAL quilt top. √Done
- Make more ombré wonky stars for my Oct ’21 OMG project. √Done
- Stitch a Sashiko square with a totally different color scheme. √Done
The Blakely quilt pattern is an easy sew, but it’s best to keep your 1.5″ sashing strips separate from your 1.25″ background block strips. I didn’t even notice I’d grabbed the wrong size numerous times until my rows weren’t matching up. Arggghhh! In the pic below I used FOUR 1.5″ sashing strips instead of the 1.25″ strips. The good news is that I’ve now fixed them all after spending A LOT of quality time with my seam ripper!
I finished making all my wonky stars, and my Wonky Northern Lights quilt top is finished. Below is a pic of the upper right quadrant. I’ll share a photo of the entire quilt top when I write my October 2021 OMG Finish post later this month.
I finished stitching one Sashiko square on a masculine-looking speckled gold background using a variegated burgundy thread for a set of Sashiko coasters for my stepson, Drew. I haven’t washed out the pre-printed lines and dashes because I’m not 100% certain I like this floss/background combination. I may try another combo next week.
To-Do for the week of Oct 12th-18th:
- Stitch another Sashiko square with the speckled gold background possibly with another color thread.
- Work on a large-scale paper piecing project that I just started yesterday.
- Take the first day of Tara Faughnan’s Small World Quilt online workshop on October 16th.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.