To-Do for the week of Nov 9th-15th:
- Bind the I Spy quilt for a special child in my life who will turn one in December. √Done
- Start another quick project for my Christmas decor this year. √Done
- Stitch a fifth Sashiko square with the speckled gold background with black thread. √ Almost Done
- Spend some time figuring out how I’m going to quilt my Reindeer mini quilt. √Done
I did finish the I Spy quilt for the special child in my life who will turn one in December (her parents are not comfortable with any kind of specific online reference to her, so I’m respecting their wishes). For info on the pattern, please see this post. Below are the inaugural photos using the mounted curtain rod on the shed. I like the back (second pic) almost as much as the quilt front that features the Robert Kaufman A to Z Animals panel. Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting did her usual lovely job quilting this toddler quilt (41″ x 46″) using the Splash quilting motif.
I am making a runner for my dresser using the Christmas Present Table Runner pattern by Primrose Cottages on Etsy. Below are the five Christmas Present blocks.
Here is the fifth coaster almost done with black floss on the gold speckled background. I still need to stitch the dashed box around the design in the middle.
After pondering for a couple weeks how I wanted to quilt my Reindeer mini, I started simply by quilting mostly straight lines on the outside borders slightly varying the distance between lines. Then I got a little more adventurous, and I hope to share a finished mini next week or at least an in-progress photo.
To-Do for the week of Nov 16th-22nd:
- Bind my Northern Lights Wonky Stars quilt.
- Work on my Christmas Present Dresser Runner.
- Work on my Reindeer mini quilt.
- Restitch the first Sashiko square with the speckled gold background with black thread that I stitched initially with variegated maroon thread, and stitch the dashed box box around the fourth Sashiko square.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.