To-Do for the week of April 18th-April 24th:
- Finish sewing my flying geese units into columns for the first quarter of 2022 for my three temperature quilts and write my April OMG Finished post. √Done
- Bind my stepson’s Sushi quilt. √Done
- Start working on a high school graduation quilt for my great-nephew, Colby. √Done
My April 2022 One Monthly Goal was to sew together the first quarter (January, February, and March 2022) of the THREE temperature quilts I am making this year. Below is a pic of Jan-March units sewn together with my town in New Mexico (NM) on the left, my stepdaughter’s Bay Area city in California (CA) in the middle, and my stepson’s city in Washington (WA) on the right. For more information about this project, please read this post.
On Sunday I attached the binding to the quilt for my stepson, Drew. He will turn 39 next month, and the quilt features his Boston Terrier, Sushi. Below are pics of the front and back of the quilt (minky). The Loops & Swirls quilting was done by Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting.
My great-nephew, Colby, will be graduating from high school in May. Camping has been a big part of his life, so I opted to make another camping quilt to commemorate the occasion and to celebrate our family’s love of camping. I am using the Apex quilt pattern by Mitzie@Jittery Wings. The pattern uses strip piecing to simplify the piecing. I wasn’t able to strip piece all of my fabrics due to choosing to fussy cut two of the units, but I can tell you that the pattern is well written, and I can see me making it again and totally strip piecing my next version of it. Below is one of the blocks I’m using in the quilt for Colby.
To-Do for the week of April 25th-May 2nd:
- Finish my Apex camping graduation quilt top for Colby.
- Cut more strips for my Kantha quilt top.
- Write my May 2022 OMG post.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.