To-Do for the week of May 30th-June 5th:
- Write my June 2022 One Monthly Goal post. √Done
- Make some more units for my June goal. √Done
- If I get Colby’s quilt back from Melissa@Sew Shabby Quilting by the weekend, I plan to get it finished. Nope
For those of you who have followed by blog for awhile, you may remember reading about a quilt at the top of quilty bucket list. It is the Murmuration quilt by Rebecca@Bryan House Quilts. Below are my first nine Murmuration diamonds. Read more about this project here.
I’ve been house/cat sitting for my friends, Sue and John, and of course, I brought a sewing machine over to work on some Murmuration units. Their cat, BG (short for Birthday Girl) decided that I needed some help. I literally had to pull out some ziplock bags from underneath her when I needed a specific color 🙂
Below is a pic of three different units. The middle diamond is not trimmed yet. This project is an interesting combination of improv and foundation paper piecing. It’s been fun alternating the widths of strips as well as color arrangement.
I did not receive the quilt back from Sew Shabby Quilting in time for me to bind it this past weekend. The good news is the quilt arrived on Monday, so I will be able to bind it this coming weekend.
To-Do for the week of June 6th-12th:
- Make more Murmuration diamonds.
- Bind Colby’s high school graduation camping quilt.
- Work on a Sashiko square using my favorite variegated Caribbean perle floss on grey cloth.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.