To-Do for the week of June 6th-12th:
- Bind Colby’s high school graduation camping quilt. √Done
- Make more Murmuration diamonds. √Done
- Work on a Sashiko square using my favorite variegated Caribbean perle floss on grey cloth. √Done
I did get Colby’s camping high school graduation quilt finished over the weekend. Camping has been a big part of his life, so I opted to make another camping quilt to commemorate the occasion and to celebrate our family’s love of camping. I used the Apex quilt pattern by Mitzie@Jittery Wings. The pattern uses strip piecing to simplify the piecing. I wasn’t able to strip piece all of my fabrics due to choosing to fussy cut the big camper/tent squares and the small phases-of-the-moon squares, but I can tell you that the pattern is well written, and I can see me making it again and totally strip piecing my next version of it. Below is a pic of the front of the quilt and the second photo below shows the back of the quilt.
In the bin in the pic below are 48 Murmuration diamonds. I have nine more on my design wall, so I have a total of 57 of the 93 diamonds I need to be make for this quilt. I’ll also need to make 30 triangles, so this project will keep me busy for awhile.
Over the weekend I also finished one Sashiko square with the pretty variegated Caribbean perle floss. I’m thinking I will make another set of coasters similar to the ones shown in this post, but I may substitute a different pattern or two.
To-Do for the week of June 13th-19th:
- Make more Murmuration diamonds.
- Visit a new-to-me quilt store.
- Work on a second Sashiko square using my favorite variegated Caribbean perle floss on grey cloth.
Linking up with Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.