To-Do for the week of Aug 30th-Sept 5th:
- Work on more units for my Lumen quilt project. √Done
- Start stitching the ornaments on my Sashiko Christmas tree. √Done
- Write my September 2022 OMG post. √Done
I was able to get my Lumen quilt top finished and will be sending it off later today to Rebecca at Rebecca Grace Quilting for quilting. Here is a quick diagonal shot I took before I got it packaged up to send to Rebecca.
I chose to use four colors of Perle cotton floss in the aqua-turquoise-teal colorway to stitch the decorations for my Sashiko Christmas tree. I love the non-traditional red-turquoise Christmas color scheme. I’m not sure when that became a thing, but it totally works for me!
I decided that making herringbone place mats for my niece, Mary France, would be my September 2022 One Monthly Goal. Read my post here.
To-Do for the week of Sept 6th-Sept 12th:
- I’ve started one more color gradient lap quilt. I plan to work on this Spectrum project during this coming week.
- Print patterns and start to pull fabric for the Mini Series Sew-Along, and determine whether this SAL is feasible for me at this time, or if maybe I just want to make one or two blocks in the next two months.
- Start cutting strips for Herringbone place mats.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday
Oh, Lumin is so pretty! Your little Sashiko tree is very festive and fun, too! You’ve had a good week of progress!
How exciting to have Lumen complete and ready to send off for quilting. Are you still working on the temperature quilts?
Your Lumen Quilt is awesome! And I love your
Christmas tree…so pretty.
Lumen looks wonderful, Mary! I really like that Spectrum design, too. The Christmas Tree Sashiko looks fun to sew. Lots of great projects at your house!
Lumen is so spectacular already, I will probably faint when I see it quilted! The sashiko is pretty – I love red and aqua for Christmas colors too. I have a stash of those colors as well as black prints too, so I am not always traditional when it comes to Christmas!
Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!
Lumen is gorgeous! Rebecca does a great job on her quilting! I love the Christmas piece you are doing.
You have such pretty colors is Lumen! Enjoy your new starts this week!