To-Do for the week of Sept 6th-Sept 12th:
- Work on my Spectrum project during this coming week. √Done
- Print patterns and start to pull fabric for the Mini Series Sew-Along, and determine whether this SAL is feasible for me at this time, or if maybe I just want to make one or two blocks in the next two months. √Done
- Start cutting strips for Herringbone place mats. √Done
I had some extra time off from work this past week, so I was able to get my Spectrum quilt top finished. Originally I was going to use the ROYGBIV color layout starting with Red at the top of each column and ending with Violet, but my best friend, Mary, encouraged me to mix up the gradients for more interest, and I found offsetting the gradients created more color contrast. The fabrics are all Alison Glass and Giucy Giuce fabrics along with some coordinating Kona solids, and the sashing is Kaleidoscope Charcoal. I am now calling this quilt Offset Gradients. I’ll be sending it off later today to Rebecca at Rebecca Grace Quilting for her to work her magic.
I decided that I do want to make the rainbow block with leftover Fairy Dust scraps after I finish the place mats for my niece. I probably won’t make any other blocks in the Mini Series anytime soon, but I will probably make more of them down the road. I’d love to make a couple shams to go with my Ombré Lotus quilt using some blocks from the Mini Series Sew-Along.
I did get quite a few strips cut for my niece’s Herringbone place mats. I’ll share a progress pic next week.
To-Do for the week of Sept 13th-Sept 19th:
- Start sewing the Herringbone units for my niece’s place mats.
- Do a little Sashiko stitching.
- Share some progress on my temperature quilts.
Linking up to Texas Quilt Gal: To-Do Tuesday.