I finished my Terra Australis quilt on Saturday and slept under it for the first time last night! This is the largest quilt I have ever made measuring at 78″ x 78″. All I had left to do this past weekend was to machine sew the binding on both sides and to sew the quilt label on. I had friends who volunteered to be quilt holders, so I was able to get a couple of outside photos.
For my quilt label, I used a basic label from StoryPatches.com. I was going to use Stephanie Palmer’s custom Story Patch label with the arrows on two sides of the label, but then I decided to sew a turquoise dot border around the label so thought the plain label would look better. As you can see in the photo below, the label has a little bar code on it. It is linked to an app called stkr.it which can be easily downloaded to phones and tablets. So far I have just made a test auditory recording but plan to make a recording that will include details about my quilt including how long it took to make, size of quilt blocks and quilt, the fabric collection and designer, inspiration for blocks, the backing, quilting by ThreadBear, binding, and labeling.
This was my number one priority of my 2016 Q3 Finish-Along Goals and my only Quarter 3 finish and was also my September ’16 OMG goal. Linking up to Cooking Up Quilts: Main Crush Monday, Red Letter Quilts: OMG September ’16 Finishes, and 2016 Finish-Along Quarter 3 Finishes. I also entered this quilt into the 2016 Blogger’s Quilt Festival – Large Quilt Category.