I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us. I find goal-setting to be extremely helpful to get more accomplished, and since I’m always trying to get one more project done, I’m all for a little extra push and/or encouragement.
To-Do for the week of October 15th-October 21st:
- Make two blocks for the Sept-Oct Covered in Love Block drive. – √ Done
- Finish making all the Lumen blocks. √ Done
These blocks were quick to make and were a nice change from working on my Lumen quilt. I hope I get to see the finished quilt with lots of these colorful blocks. And if any of you are so inclined, there’s another week to make a couple of these easy Covered in Love blocks.
Sewing the four quadrants into Blocks 5-16 went fairly easily. Below is a shot of several of the blocks that really shows the vibrancy of the Kaleidoscope fabrics. I don’t want you all getting sick of this project, so I’ll wait to share more about it until my OMG Finish post in a few days, though there is a sneak peek in my Five Years of Quilting post.
To-Do for the week of October 22nd through October 28th
- Make the binding for my Dimension in Dusk Quilt. I’m supposed to get it back from My Long Arm Quilting Service by November 1st. I haven’t picked out the binding fabric, but it will probably be a medium or dark grey.
- Make at least one more Blue Onion block.
- Complete a Team Rainbow fabric swatch color wheel. Several months ago I made a commitment to increase my confidence in working with color and joined Rebecca Bryan’s Playful Color Quilt Guild (see her Bryan House Quilts website for more info). Each month has a particular focus, and Rebecca sends members weekly tools/tips for working more effectively with color, that include extremely informative videos. This month we are working with rainbow fabrics and learning how to choose fabrics that work together as a team. Rebecca shared this particular tool with anyone who was interested prior to the Playful Color Guild starting, so I don’t feel I’m giving away members-only information. I’m thrilled to be learning so much from Rebecca, especially as she has written two of my favorite quilting books, Modern Rainbow and Modern Triangle Quilts.
Linking up to Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Linky #11.