I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of March 10th-March 17th:
- Finish Hayden’s graduation quilt top. – √ Done
- Piece the back of Hayden’s graduation quilt. – √ Done
- Organize my Alison Glass Kaleidoscope scraps and take a photo of them as I will be using them to make 4” blocks for the 2020 Mini Series Sew Along with Giucy Guice and Alison Glass.– √ Done
- Finish coloring my Solstice BOM coloring sheet using ProCreate. Nope
I’m very happy with how Hayden’s camping-themed high school graduation quilt top turned out, but I’m only sharing a rather fuzzy cropped photo in today’s post and will save the full reveal for my March OMG finish post next week. I really like the secondary pattern that is created with the lighter blue triangles. I think it definitely has a masculine vibe, which can be challenging for me because of my love for bright saturated colors.
To Do #3
I absolutely love Alison Glass’ Kaleidoscope fabric collection. Each Kaleidoscope fabric is made from two different colors of yarn-dyed cotton that are woven together, resulting in rich, luminous colors. Both my Feathers quilt and my Lumen quilt are made with Kaleidoscope fabrics. Below are my leftover Kaleidoscope scraps that I will be using to make 4” blocks for the 2020 Mini Series Sew Along with Giucy Guice and Alison Glass.
With all the craziness going on in the world with the Coronavirus, I found that I did not have the focus nor the concentration to make any more progress on my Solstice BOM coloring page using ProCreate. I’m going to try again playing with this design program sometime in the future. Piecing quilt blocks is much more in my wheel house right now, so that’s that what I’m going to focus on for now (and a little bit of quilting).
To-Do for the week of March 17th-March 23rd
- My best friend, Mary, who loves her Stargazer quilt has requested three pillow covers to go with the quilt. I plan to start making paper-pieced units for these pillows this week.
- Make the first block for the 2020 Mini Series Sew Along with Giucy Guice and Alison Glass.
- Do the Quilter’s Color Quest Seasons exercises.
- Extra Credit: Finish two camping placemats for my friend, Sharon (quite frankly only if I’m in the mood to do some quilting).