I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Aug 25th-August 31st:
- Finish my Doxies baby quilt top. √ Done
- Cut more 8.5” squares for quilts for Lutheran World Relief. √ Done
- Make binding for my Aviary quilt and start binding it if it arrives back from Sew Shabby Quilting by Saturday. √ Done
I did get the Doxies quilt top done, but at 57” X 56”, it is a VERY large baby quilt. I didn’t want the Dogs in Sweaters to crowd the baby doxie, so I ended up with a lot of negative space, which will probably fit in well with the minimalist decor of my friend’s daughter. If I were inclined to do my own quilting, I’m sure there’s some cool things that could be quilted in that space, but since I will have it long-arm quilted, I’m opting for a kid-friendly Scribble quilting motif featured on Sew Shabby Quilting’s website. I really love how the borders that encompass all the dogs give a much needed pop of color.
I used more of my open Bali Crackers Batik 10” Squares package to cut five 8.5” more squares. I sent all ten squares yesterday to Jen@Healthyhappyhygge.
Below is my Aviary quilt all finished! I wanted to include some late summer sunflowers, and the photo bomb by my cat, Rusty, is just a bonus! I hope you can enlarge the photo and see the cool Bubbles quilting pattern.
To-Do for the week of Sept 1st-Sept 7th:
- Sew the quilt top for the Summer Sampler Alumni Black Lives Matter quilt. I received the last of the blocks for this quilt top this past week, and the sashing fabric arrived recently, so I’m ready to get ‘er done!
- Write my September OMG post about another fun project!
Linking up with Home Sewn By Us: To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky #56.