I am joining the weekly To-Do Tuesday Weekly Progress Update Linky Party hosted by my friend, Roseanne, at Home Sewn By Us.
To-Do for the week of Dec 15th-Dec 21st:
- Make progress on my Cat and Birds quilt top. √ Done
- Finish binding another sunflower placemat or two. √ Done
- Stitch my last (for now) Rainbow Sashiko square that I will be sewing into a small table topper after the first of the year.
- Write my 2021 Planning Party post for the linky party hosted by Yvonne@ Quilting Jetgirl. √ Done
I have made more progress on my Cat and Birds project. From Mitzie@Jittery Wings , I downloaded the free Sparrow Quilt pattern and paper-pieced the smallest sparrows using purple, blue, and teal Kona solids. I cut the sparrows into 3.5” squares rather than the shape on the template. I rotated the squares to a diamond shape so the sparrows were angled at 45 degrees, and I then sewed setting corner triangles onto the diamonds to make them into 5 inch squares.
I finished binding two more Sunflower placemats this past week. I’ll wait to take a photo of any more until they are all finished. The table runner is also done, so I just have three more placemats to finish for my friend, Amanda’s housewarming gift.
For my 8th rainbow Sashiko square, I drew a 1/2” by 1” grid on a blank indigo square using my favorite Clover Fine Marking Pen which took a little getting used to since the line it draws does not immediately show up but within a minute the line is clearly visible but just as important it is easily removed with a little water. Then I drew diagonal lines across the rectangles which became my stitching lines and when I was done I erased the 1/2” by 1” grid using a wetted pieced of cloth. I’ll take a photo of the grid next time. I apologize for the awful photo below. The square is on a piece of white paper, and I took the photo at my office. I didn’t think the lighting was so bad, but indeed it was!
I always enjoy writing a goal-setting post for the coming year related to what I want to accomplish with my quilting hobby. This year I included stitching in my goals as I plan to continue doing Sashiko as well as participating in Wise Craft Handmade’s 2021 Snowflake Embroidery Block of the Month. See my 2021 Quilting/Stitching Goals post for more info about my 2021 goals.
To-Do for the week of Dec 22nd-Dec 28th
- Finish my Cat and Birds quilt top and write my December 2020 OMG Finish post.
- Finish binding another sunflower placemat or two.
- Make a 9th Rainbow Sashiko square (I decided I could fit one more square into my schedule since they’re pretty quick and so much dang fun to stitch!)