I have to admit that I prefer last decade’s Finish-A-Long (FAL) format. I’m much more of a blogger than an Instagram poster. I actually go onto IG fairly often, but for some reason, I drag my heels on posting. I think a big part of it is that many of the people that I make gifts for are on IG and tend to see my posts. Most of those same people don’t read my blog posts with any kind of regularity (if at all!), so I tend to share a lot more freely on my blog.
I had 8 items on my FAL Quarter 1 goal list. Here’s what happened with them:
Stargazer (Modified) Quilt,Finished—blogged and posted on IG
Mime Kitty Quilt, quilted—moved to Quarter 2
Mug Rug—leftover HST of my mom’s—no interest in finishing it right now
Queen Size Medallion Lanterns quilt, Finished—blogged and posted on IG
Sparkler Mini Quilt—on hold for now
“Cheater” Turquoise Christas Tree Quilt—moved to Quarter 2
Reel Time Mug Rugs, Finished—blogged but did not post on IG
Camping Placemats, Finished—blogged but did not post on IG
Quarter 2 Goals
I have TEN projects that I hope to finish by July 8th!
- Hayden’s Graduation Quilt—quilted, plan to bind it next month
- Vertices Quilt—Quilt Top done and sent to long-armer
- Glimmers of Gold Quilt—quilted, plan to bind it next month
- Minime Kitty Quilt, quilted—plan to bind it this weekend
- Vertices, Quilt Top done and sent to long-armer
- Improv Table Runner—Blocks completed
- Hummingbird Quilt—Blocks completed
- Blithe Quilt—Fabric pulled, the background fabric will be one of my favorite fabrics ever—Avante Garde by Katarina Roccella Bauhaus Dissection
- Diamonds in the Rough Quilt—Fabric pulled
- “Cheater” Turquoise Christas Tree Quilt—Fabric pulled
It’s quite a list, but the projects aren’t super complicated, so I hope to have a successful second quarter of 2020. What do you have going on in the next few months?